Thursday, June 21, 2012

They are growing like weeds.

I really need to try and keep up with my blog more.  I didn't realize how fast time has gone by and how much the girls have grown.  They are keeping me busy and I am slacking on taking pictures of them.  Between shooting clients, taking care of them, and working on my fitness journey, I haven't made time to take really good pictures of them.  What's really bad is that Chris and I have been married for going on 4 years and we have YET to get family pictures taken.  Maybe that is something I can ask for this year for our anniversary. 

This past month has been a really hard one for me and for my little family.  I came to realize that someone I thought was a really good friend, turned out to be someone I never really knew.  I trusted this person and thought I saw who she really was but she had the wool pulled down very tightly over my eyes.  It is heart wrenching to loose someone you thought was a really good person but in the same way very liberating to get such an evil person out of my life.  Meanwhile, our outside cat, Honey, decided to have kittens... 6 of them, so we thought.  Then on May 25th, our sweet sweet dog, Buster, passed away unexpectedly.  We have no idea why or even how he passed away but he passed away during his mid-morning nap.  We buried him under the tree and he now has a beautiful cross laying across his grave.  We are going to put the cross on a stake and put it in the ground.  To this day, the girls still ask about Buster and it breaks my heart.  His kennel is still up and even though I want it taken down, I think it will be really hard on Chris to actually take it apart.  

Then a couple weeks after Buster passing, I was backing out of the driveway and thought all the kittens were moved out of the way and I was wrong.  It broke my heart that I could even do that.  Like why didn't I double and triple check to make sure they had all moved.  Breaks my heart still because I had to watch him pass away, and then had to bury him.  What's even worse is last week, another kitten got hit and Chris had to bury that one as well.  So this month has not been the most wonderful month at all.  Then to add another layer on our horrible pet month, Chris' 10 year old cat, Brooke, has come up missing.  We have been looking for her for 2 days now and calling for her everytime we are outside.  I just hope she turns up somewhere and is fine.  This has just been a horrible pet month for us. 

Now onto the girls!  They are almost 2-1/2 years old and YES! they do have their terrible two moments but they keep me laughing.  They are talking so much and developing such cute personalities. 
We switched them to "big girl" beds and it has been taking some getting use too because they now can get out of their room and come wake up mommy and daddy.... at all hours of the night.  I feel like I have newborns again...lol!  The summer is starting off great and the girls are in love with the water.  Every day they ask me to go swimming.  I walked them down to the spray park in the neighborhood and they are now hooked. 
They even call their bath time, Swimming.  It's so cute but so bad when it's raining and they are demanding that I take them swimming.

This month they are loving anything that has to do with noodles.  They love slurpping them down and making a mess.  They also love "chocolate" toast which is just nutella, but somehow they manage to get it all over their face.


Now for me... I was on facebook one day and saw that Exygon had a special going on: 99 days for $99 and I just so happened to have some extra cash on hand.  I notified Diana of the special and later on that day we were both at the gym signing up for a membership.  It was one of the best spontaneous decision I have ever made.  We have been going to the gym 4-6 days out of the week 1-2 hours a day and 6 weeks I am down almost 10 pounds and have lost over 10 inches off my body.  I have a new found evergy and really enjoy going to the gym.  The girls LOVE it too, so much they sing "I secy know it, I work out" as we are heading to the gym and they make me replay the song over and over again.  They get so excited when they hear we are going to the gym and that just pumps me up even more.  Everyone says that in 4 weeks of working out and dieting you can see a difference in yourself, so this is my 4 week progress pictures...
So that's what has been going on in my life the last couple of months.  Be on the lookout for some more blogs here soon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment