Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My meal plan

I am a clean eater! Meaning that I try NOT to eat processed foods, I eat 5-6 times a day, and eat lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and complex carbs. Here is just an example of what a day is like:

Breakfast: egg whites (HEB Egg Whites) 1/4 cup, 2 slices of Turkey Bacon (Butterball), whole wheat tortilla, salsa
Snack: Protein Shake after workout
Lunch: Grilled Chicken breast, roasted veggies (carrots, zzucchini, onion, & garlic), brown rice
Snack: Stove Top Pop Corn
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, & Salsa
Snack: Rice Cake & Nutella

This will give me a daily intake of 42% Carbs, 34% Protein, and 24% fat. I try to keep the Carbs and Protein very close together in percentage because protein helps with muscle recovery since I lift weights and carbs will give you energy through out the day.
I also take Amino Energy in the morning as my pre-workout drink. I TRY to drink a gallon of water a day but sometimes I can't always get it all in.
So if you want to start eating clean, this is just an example of what you can buy & eat. I usually season with No Salt Added Tex-Joy because well... WE live in Texas!!!
PROTEIN = Handful size
COMPLEX CARB = Fist size
VEGGIE = Two handfuls
FATS = Small palm size

PROTEIN:
Extra Lean Ground Turkey- JennieO Brand
Chicken- I bake or grill it
Fish- Tilapia or Mahi- bake or grill
Egg Whites

COMPLEX CARBS : I usually eat a smaller portion of complex carbs at my last two meals since I am not as active.
Oatmeal
Grits
Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Bread of Ezekial bread
Beans
Corn or Wheat Tortillas
Edemame
Low Sodium Rice Cakes
Yams
Potato

VEGGIES:
Asparagus
Green Beans
Squash
Zucchini
Salad- with fat free dressing
Spinach
Cucumbers

HEALTHY FATS:
Avacado- 2 slices Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon Almonds, cashews or walnuts- A small palm size (8-10 nuts) Natural Peanut Butter- 1 tablespoon

No comments:

Post a Comment