Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just Pray!

It's been a pretty long and emotional week for our little family.  We got to pay our respects and thank Ofc. Bryan Hebert for his ultimate sacrifice.  The service was so beautiful and his sister getting up to speak about him was very touching.  She is a lot stronger than I could have been, but I guess when you have an angel like Bryan by your side you can face anything.  There were officers from all over, Houston, Corpus Christi, North Richland, and even Missouri City.  It really was a site to see, it's just a shame that there have to be a death of an officer to see something like that.  I have never felt so protected and so honored to be a police wife then at that moment.  I think the thing that really bothers me about processionals, are the people standing out by the road waving and smiling.  It's almost like they think it's a parade or something.  And when people don't stop or slow down as a processional is going by is just down right rude!  I just wanted to roll down my window and yell at them. 

As I sit here and pray for the Hebert family as well as BPD family, I pray that we never have to go to another officers funeral.  I pray that I never get that call, or get that knock on my door.  I pray that none of my friends have to go through the pain of loosing their husband, wife, dad, mother, brother, sister, etc...  How does one stay strong for someone that is going through so much?  I hate seeing my husband down and stressed.  I wish I could take the pain away from him so he doesn't have to carry it with him.  Lord knows he carries so much on his shoulders when he goes to work anyways.  I just pray that he comes home safe to us every night, and that he will get to see his girls grow up. 

I guess that's the only thing we have at the end of the day, we just have to pray!   

No comments:

Post a Comment